Until I school myself, I'm going to play around with 8tracks. I discovered it through Style Rookie (man, she's been all over my laptop this week) and it seems pretty easy to build a mix and embed it here. The database of music selections is a little scattered and you can't download anything, but at least you can listen to my hot tunes while you drink whiskey or refinish your cabinets or color-code your Excel file or whatever.
I got lazy for my first mix and followed the suggestion of the site by making an 8tracks "debut" mix, with these very specific eight tracks:
1. A song from 2010 I loveThat's not to say I didn't spend some intense brain time on these because I sure did. Painstaking.
2. A song everyone on 8tracks should hear
3. A song that reminds me of high school
4. A song from the year I was born
5. A song from a band I LOVE
6. A song I can sing along to
7. A song about my city / state
8. A top 40 song I hate to admit I like
Artwork is the 1st result of this image search: my first pet's name (Eponine) + the street I grew up on (Mountain View Road)
Enjoy. Better mixes soon to come...