OH HI. Nice to see you again.
I've been trying to write a post for weeks now but couldn't seem to finish anything until tonight. I know: how hard is it for me to blather some self-indulgent nonsense and hit publish? Really not that hard. I'm going to skip all the bullshit excuses though - sometimes I'm just uninspired and need a break. Cool? Cool. So let's get back to things:
Here's what you need to know about my life since my last post:
- I actually got to see Jens Lekman!
I got a ticket at the last minute and it was so beautiful that I maybe got teary-eyed with joy. OK, I was sleepy and full of Dayquil, but still - the show was in such an intimate space that I was only about ten feet away from Jens AND he played "Kanske är jag kär i dig," which is perhaps the best song in the world. You should check out this Brooklyn Vegan post about the show because there are more great photos and I should cut down on the amount of Jens-obsessing I do here.
- I'm working a lot... although still not enough to stop me stealing money from my savings. I'm either going to need to get a second part time job or quit the whole shebang and get another full time job. Or I need to track down a rich philanthropist who wants to pay me to ghostwrite his/her blog while funding my European travels (fingers crossed for that one!).
- I'm writing and performing sketch comedy with my new group The Fantashticks. Maybe someday we'll get our shit together and have a website!
- I celebrated Christmas by working nine hours on minimal sleep, somberly smoking a joint alone out my window, and then getting wasted on whiskey and cider. Thanks, Santa, for the gift of reality! Really though: it wasn't all that bad. Andrea came to town (and got snowbound in my apartment) and a super awesome someone gave me a turntable(!!).
- My hair's getting pretty damn long. I can't wait until it's long enough to recreate the gigantic side ponytail I had in my kindergarten class photo.
- I've been watching lots of Mr. Show. Pit-Pat!
- I think Enter The Void was the best movie I saw in all of 2010. Take THAT Black Swan! (Although... uh... I still haven't seen Black Swan.) If you can still catch it somewhere on the big screen, do it, but schedule time for a long walk and a stiff drink after.
SO. Yes. Things are pretty swell right now. I mean, sure: I'm dreading waking up at 6am tomorrow to go work for the man for nine hours and I'm also thinking it was probably a bad idea to drink that beer and then eat that ice cream and then do sit-ups right before bed but still... things have been worse. I'm even working on a wintery iTunes playlist that's not full of Joy Division and Interpol!
Happy February, lovers. It's good to be back.